Fees and Policies
Adult Patient Fees:
- New Patient Initial Visits (45-60 minutes) – $250/200*
- Follow-up Visits (30 minutes) – $125 Manchester, $150 Falmouth
- Certification Renewal** (30 minutes) – $125 Manchester, $200 Falmouth
- Certification Renewal w/ Osteopathic or Naprapathic Treatment (45 minutes) – $150 Manchester, $200 Falmouth
- Phone follow up (15 minutes) – $50
- Initial Visit for Functional Medicine, Lyme care, Women’s Health (90 minutes ) – $350
- Initial Visit for Functional Medicine, Lyme care, Women’s Health (60 minutes) – $200
- Above prices are for existing Integr8 patients. Initial specialty visits for patients new to the practice: 60/90 minutes – $300/$450 Falmouth, $250/$375 Manchester
- Follow Up OMT, Functional Medicine, Lyme care, Women’s Health (45 minutes) – $150
- Follow Up Functional Medicine, Lyme care, Women’s Health (30 minutes) – $100
- Follow Up Functional Medicine, Lyme care, Women’s Health (15 minutes) – $50
- Initial Naprapathy Visit w/ Dr. Shawn Sulak (60 minutes) – $200
- Naprapathy Follow Up (30 minutes) – $100
- Naprapathy Follow Up (45 minutes) – $150
- Counseling Services with Jim Wright, LCPC: Initial and follow up visits (60 minutes) $125
- 4 visit package – $320.00 ($180 savings!)
- Manchester office only
- Initial Pediatric Visit (60 minutes) – $250
- Pediatric Certification Renewal (45 minutes) – $125
- Pediatric Follow Up (45 minutes) – $125
- Pediatric phone follow up (15 minutes) – $25
- Community Healing Arts with Dr. Sulak: $20-$80 sliding scale (Manchester only)
- Laser Therapy for pain and inflammation – First appointment free with Integr8 paid appointment (Falmouth only)
- Laser Therapy for pain and inflammation Follow-up visits – $35 (Falmouth only)
- Laser Therapy for pain and inflammation: Package of 5 visits – $150 (Falmouth only)
- Reiki: Group setting 15/30 minutes – $5/$25 (Falmouth only)
- Reiki: Individual 90 minutes – $75 (Falmouth only)
- Lab Draw Fee – $40 (Falmouth only)
- Education Visit (phone or video for out of state residents) – $150 per 30 minutes
*Sliding Scale: Limited availability per week for patients who qualify with financial hardship. We do require proof of hardship at time of visit. In order to qualify for our sliding scale rate you must fall under the federal poverty guidelines. Please call our office for more information 207-482-0188 ext 1.
**During your first year of certification with our office, we require a minimum of one follow up visit after 6 months to monitor your treatment and provide the highest standard of care. Patients that return for re-certification without a 6-month follow up visit will be charged an extra $50 for a more in-depth certification renewal visit. For previous patients that have not been to the office in >13 months, we charge an extra $25 to re-establish care and certification renewal.
Payment is due at time of service.
We accept credit cards (visa, mastercard) and cash. No personal checks.
Cancellations less than 48 business hours before and no-show appointments will be charged for the full cost of the visit. This is considerate to our other patients and allows us to spend 45 – 75 minutes in each visit. Thank you for understanding.
All patients will have the opportunity to show proof of an “urgent” reason as to why they were unable to make their scheduled appointment. Upon doing so, the patient will be reimbursed the charges incurred for late cancellations.
Patients who “No Show” their visit will be charged for that visit, AND will need to prepay future appointments. Your credit/debit card on file will automatically be charged on the day you “No Show” your appointment. All patients will have the opportunity to show proof of an “urgent” reason as to why they were unable to make their scheduled appointment. Upon doing so, the patient will be reimbursed the charges incurred for not showing for their scheduled appointment.
We understand that delays can happen, however, we must try to keep the other patients and doctors on time. We request you come 30 minutes early to your appointment to account for traffic and to complete the required paperwork. If you are 15 minutes past your scheduled time, your provider may not be able to complete a full visit. If this happens we will do our best to accommodate you and fit you into the schedule later in the day. If you can not complete your visit you will be charged for the full visit and you will be required to book a new visit.
We will require that patients with an account balance prepay for all future services and set up a committed payment agreement on the past due balances. We reserve the right to require all balances to be paid prior to future services.
Although we do not directly bill insurance, many plans will reimburse you for part of your payment. We will provide you with a receipt and super-bill which you can submit to your insurance company. Depending on your plan, you may need a referral from your primary care provider. For more information, call your insurance company and tell them you would like to see an out-of-network provider.