- New Patient Initial Visits 300/200*
- Follow-up Visit (Doctor) 150/130*
- Follow-up Visit (NP/LAc) 125/100*
- Annual Recertification 200/150**
- Acupuncture – Individual 125/75*
- Acupuncture – Group 40/30*
- Acupuncture – 5 Group 125
- Acupuncture – 10 Detox 125
- Reiki – Group 15/30 Min 5/25
- Reiki – Individual 90 Min 75
*Sliding Scale: Limited availability per week for patients who qualify with financial hardship . We do require proof of hardship at time of visit. Please call our office for more information. 207-482-0188 ext 1.
**Recertification discount to patients who have one or more follow up visits with us within 12 month period. Many of our patients follow up with providers multiple times per year because we help them achieve great results.
We only require one, 6 month follow-up visit within your first year. Maine Law requires that you maintain a relationship with Integr8 Health. Based on your condition, your practitioner may require additional visits.
- Payment is due at time of scheduling NEW patient appointments.
- Follow up appointment payment is due at time of service.
- Telemedicine Visits require prepayment at time of scheduling.
We accept Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard) and Cash. No personal Checks.
Cancellations less than 48 business hours before and no-show appointments will be charged for the full cost of the visit. This is considerate to our other patients and allows us to spend 45 – 75 minutes in each visit. Thank you for understanding.
ALSO NOTE: If a patient is 30 minutes late to an appointment, the patient will be charged for the full cost of the visit and may reschedule the appointment provided their balance is paid in full. If the provider feels he/she has the time necessary to meet your appointment needs, then the appointment will remain as planned. We will always check with the provider before, because we know that your appointment is important to your health and well-being.
Although we do not directly bill insurance, many plans will reimburse you for part of your payment. We will provide you with a receipt and superbill which you can submit to your insurance company. Depending on your plan, you may need a referral from your primary care provider. For more information, call your insurance company and tell them you would like to see an out-of-network provider.